As I alluded to in my previous post, I had some issues upgrading WordPress.
I started by using an automatic upgrade plugin. I followed the steps exactly as outlined, but ran into problems. After I was done and supposed to be greeted by the “upgrade your database” page. Instead I got caught in a loop where I could log in, but it would return me to the login screen instead of taking me to the admin screen.
This was really frustrating and despite all the posts I found via Google, none of them worked. So… I gave up on my 1/2-hour-turned-into-3-hour project and called it a night.
Today I thought I’d give it one more try, otherwise I was going to have rebuild my blog from scratch (supposedly there was a backup created by the plugin, but… I think I accidentally deleted it – genius… I know :-/ )
Fortunately I found one other post that recommended renaming the WordPress plugin directory. Sure enough… that did the trick. Now TextMate works perfectly and I’ve got a bright and shiny new theme (which makes me think about racing down the open road in a 911 Turbo ).